Vegan chocolate hazelnut cake
This vegan chocolate hazelnut cake is just sweet enough, and has a big chocolate flavor with hints of nuts. Coconut oil is the magic ingredient that solidifies the filling when chilled, but still melts in your mouth. It contrasts beautifully with the crispy, nutty crust, and the cocoa filling between. The taste feels like eating a dark chocolate with crunchy nuts, it is simply delicious and at the same time nutritious and healthy.
Cocoa powder, which comes from the cocoa bean, is highly nutritious, and it can provide numerous health benefits. Cocoa contains a large amount of antioxidants Cocoa beans are rich in a number of essential minerals, including magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium and manganese and in vitamins such as A, B1, B2, B3, C and E.
No cooking; Servings for 8 persons
• 5 oz (140gr) hazelnuts
• 3 oz (85gr) walnuts
• 2 oz (55gr) raw sunflower seeds
• 3.4fl oz (100gr ) maple syrup
• 2.1 oz (60gr) coconut oil, melted
• 6 oz (160gr) cocoa powder
• 4.6 oz (130gr) coconut oil, melted
• 4.8 fl oz (200gr ) maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Making the crust:
1. Put the walnuts, hazelnuts and sunflowers in a food processor and blend shortly until crumbs like.
2. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and blend until the mixture until all ingredients hold together and the dough for the crust is formed.
3. Divide the mixture in half. One for the bottom and one for the top of the filling.
4. Put one half of the mixture in an 8” spring-form pan lined with parchment paper on the bottom and spread the nutty mixture even throughout the pan.
Making the cocoa filling:
1. Combine the ingredients into a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
5. Put one half of the mixture in an 8” spring-form pan lined with parchment paper on the bottom and spread the nutty mixture even throughout the pan.
6. Spread over the cocoa filling.
7. Finish the top with the other half of the nutty mixture.
8. Sprinkle with coconut flour and cocoa powder and serve with strawberries or other berry fruit as desired.
9. Place in refrigerator until solid, I left the vegan chocolate hazelnut cake over night and served the other day.