Zucchini and avocado snack
Super Crispy Zucchini flavored with my favorite spices. Served with some vegetables and an avocado sauce for dipping and you have a mouthwatering healthy zucchini and avocado snack or appetizer. Avocado is very nutritious and packed with healthy fats, fiber and vitamins. It makes a perfect addition to an extra satisfying snack. The addition of beautifully flavored zucchinis and cut up vegetables looks simply irresistible not to try it.
Servings for 4 persons:
Avocado dip is so easy to make and the combination of the spices is simply great and tastes even better. The dip is wonderful when combined with cut up veggies, or even great as a sandwich spread.
Ingredients for the avocado dip:
- 2 avocados cleaned (7-9 oz) or (200-250gr)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and scrape the avocados.
- Place the avocados, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and dried basil in a blender or food processor.
- Mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Scrape dip into a serving bowl and serve with zucchinis, and cut up veggies.
We’re having zucchini almost every day and this is one of my favorite ways to serve it. This is a healthy veggie and it should be served as one. It makes a quick and easy side dish to any meal, but it also can stand alone as an afternoon snack or even a light lunch.
Ingredients for the zucchini:
- 2 small sized zucchinis
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grounded red pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- Peel the zucchinis; slice them into circles, no thicker than 1/2 inch.
- Put salt on them and leave them for 5 min in the plate. The salt helps the zucchini to release the water which will help stick the coating.
- Make a mixture of the flour and the spices.
- Coat each zucchini in the mixture on both sides, shake off the excess and put on a plate.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Fry the zucchini until crust browns and zucchini softens, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Pin Us On Pinterest