Pie With Vanilla Pudding and Plums Recipe
Fragile base, velvety cream and delicious fruit … yes, this is a pie that is easy to make and you will not forget the taste.
Butter and flour for the baking tray
For the filling
- 1 bag of vanilla pudding
- (40 grams or 1.4 oz) sugar
- 5 liters of milk
- 2 eggs
- (600 grams or 21 oz) of fresh ripe plums
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
For the dough
- (150 grams or 5.3 oz) of wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 tsp baking powder
- (70 grams or 2.46 oz) chunks of cold butter
- (70 grams or 2.46 oz) sugar
- 1 egg
Preparation time 100min; Servings for 8 persons
- First, prepare the dough. In the bowl sift the flour and mix it with salt and baking powder and mix it with the diced cold butter, knead the dough until becomes airy and compact. Add sugar and eggs and all together with cold hands knead briefly into smooth dough. If necessary add a little cold water. Flattened the dough into a disc, wrap in transparent foil and cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to (200 degrees Celsius or 390 degrees Fahrenheit) . Use round baking dish pie (diameter 26 cm or 10 inch) lightly greased with butter and flour (remove excess flour). Chilled dough spread into (0.5 cm or quarter of inch) thick circle in prepared pan. Use your fingers to gently press the bottom and the perimeter of the pan and a pierce with fork in several places. Remove the excess dough. Bake in a preheated oven (10 to 15 minutes) – just enough to lightly golden brown color. Cool the baked dish slightly.
- While the dough is baked, from vanilla powder, sugar and milk according to the instructions on the packet cook the pudding. Ready pudding cool slightly, then stir into eggs.
- Wash the plums, clean the seeds and cut in half and each a half in length is cut in half.
- Decrease the temperature of the oven to (180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit). On the chilled dough base applied the vanilla cream and arrange the plums over (skin side down) and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake the pie in preheated oven for 40 minutes to soften the fruit until nice golden brown color.
- Take a baked pie from the oven and allow to cool. Cold pie cut into pieces, served on plates and serve.