Chocolate vegan cookies
These chocolate vegan cookies are not classic cookies. They are so soft, moist, and chewy and wonderfully sweet. The taste is more like a chocolate brownie but in a shape of a cookie, they are very easy to make, it will only take an hour of your time. The other thing that is beautiful about these cookies that even though there are a number of ingredients used, still they are simple and easy to buy in every store. And yes the shape, the children thought they were burgers when I served them and were quite surprised when they tasted them. So we gave them a brand new name “the chocolate burgers”.
For 12 cookies
• 7 oz (200gr) red can beans
• 4.3 oz (120gr) oat bran
• 1.7 oz (50gr) cocoa powder
• 5.3 oz (150gr) peeled and chopped in cubes apples
• 1 oz (30gr) olive oil
• 1.7 oz (50gr) peanut butter
• 8 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
• 4.3 oz (120gr) fresh dates
• 4 tablespoons agave syrup
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 3.5 oz (100gr) dry cranberries
1. First prepare the apple sauce. Peel, remove the seeds and cut the apples in small cubes. Put in a pot with boiling water and boil the apples until fully tender. Drain the water and with a stick blender make the apple sauce.
2. Drain the red beans from the can water and wash with cold water. Put in a blender and mix until the beans are like puree.
3. Take blender and put the bean puree, the apple sauce and the rest of ingredients except the cranberries.
4. Blend, it may take a while for the ingredients to combine together.
5. Put the dough in a bigger bowl and add the cranberries and mix them with a spoon gently.
6. Prepare a bigger baking pan lined with parchment paper and with a spoon scoop the pastry on 12 cookies (4 x 3) and press the top to form a round shape.(The spoon is necessary because the dough is sticky).They don`t spread while baking.
7. Bake for 25 min in a preheated oven at 400° F (200° C).
8. When the cookies are baked remove the pan from the oven and leave them to cool at least for one hour. The taste is even better when served the day after.