Refreshing Persimmon Cream Dessert Recipe
Refreshing dessert prepared quickly and easily and full of wonderful flavors.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 500 ml. or 17 us fl. oz of milk
- 2-3 ripe persimmons
- 1 tablespoon rum
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites (optional)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, with a wire whisk mix the yolks, sugar, vanilla sugar, starch and flour.
- In a cooking pan, boil the milk and stirring constantly slowly pour the prepared mixture.
- Cook for 2 minutes and when the cream is sufficiently thick and smooth, remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- While the cream cools, prepare persimmon cream.
- Cut the persimmons in half and remove the seeds and with a spoon, scoop out the pulp and add to blender.
- Add the rum, a pinch of salt (optionally also a little sugar) and mix in a smooth cream.
- Whisk egg whites with a mixer and add a spoon of ground sugar.
- Add the egg whites lightly into the chilled vanilla cream.
- In the glasses put in layers vanilla cream, persimmon cream and finally whipped cream.
- Prepared dessert, if desired, sprinkle with ground chocolate, walnuts, almonds, etc.