GRILLED VEGGIE SANDWICH
This grilled veggie sandwich recipe is quick and easy and it only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
- 1/4 tablespoon veggie mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 C red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced horizontally
- Mix the veggie mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice together in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush the grate of the grill with olive oil. Heat grill to high. Brush the vegetables with olive oil on both sides.
- Place the zucchini in the middle of the grill. Place the peppers and carrots around the zucchini. Put the onions to the outside. Grill for 4 minutes.
- Flip and continue grilling 4 more minutes or until as tender as you like.
- Open the bread pieces. Spread each piece of bread with the mayonnaise mixture. Place the bread on the grill mayonnaise side up. Close the lid and grill for 2 minutes.
Place the grilled vegetables on one piece of bread and top with another piece of bread.