Cornmeal snacks with vegetables
Cornmeal is a dish that can be prepared in various ways.
The preparation of the cornmeal is always quick and simple, and it is delicious in any way salty and sweet, hot or cold.
This meal is ideal for anyone with digestive problems or those ones that want to reduce calorie intake.
On this occasion, I suggest a polenta snacks with seasonal vegetables – eggplants and tomatoes, but if those are not your favorite vegetable choices you can pick anything you prefer best. The choice is yours.
With the addition of herbs and vegan feta cheese, you will get a delicious summer meal that you can consume at any time of the day.
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 cup (250 g) of corn meal
- 5 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- thyme, dried
- Vegan feta cheese
- Wash and dry the eggplant and cut into thin slices. Salt the eggplant and leave it aside to release the water.
- Put 3 cups (7 dl) of water in the bowl, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt, and heat until boiling. Reduce the heat and mix 1 cup (250 g) of corn meal, stirring continuously, and cook for about 7 minutes more.
- Grease the pan and pour the boiled polenta and even the top with a spoon. Turn on the oven at 400 ° F (200 ° C). Bake the polenta for 10 minutes, remove and let it cool down.
- Drain the eggplant and wipe excess water. Wash, dry and cut the tomatoes in halves. Put a baking paper in a large baking tray, cover with a layer of olive oil and put the slices of the eggplant onto one side of the tray and cherry tomatoes to the other.
- Oil the slices with olive oil; sprinkle the eggplant with garlic and the tomatoes with dried thyme.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven at 400 ° F (200 ° C) and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Cut the cooled polenta into circles with a round mold (or some other shape, as you please) and place on the serving plate.
- Put the eggplants and the tomatoes over the polenta circles and crumble over little pieces of vegan feta cheese. If desired, decorate with fresh basil.