Delicious homemade pumpkin pie
Beautiful homemade pumpkin pie, made from scratch with a richer more intense flavor. Everyone has got a pumpkin pie recipe they love and this one is mine. It is so easy to make and so delicious. I have tried the classic one and made my own with pumpkin custard that is sweetened and just lightly spiced, baked until creamy with a crispy homemade pie crust.
- 14 oz (400gr) white flour
- 8 oz (250gr) butter
- 1 medium egg
- 2 lbs pumpkin cleaned, peeled and cut on cubes
- 2 medium eggs
- 7 oz (200gr) sugar
- 8 fl.oz (200ml) neutral heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- pinch of salt
- First prepare the pumpkin puree. Clean and cut the pumpkin in small squares. Put in a pot with boiling water and boil the pumpkin until fully tender. Drain the water and with a stick blender make the pumpkin puree.
- Prepare the crust. In a large bowl sift the flour, add the soften butter cut on small cubes and mix until crumble-like. Then add 1egg (slightly beaten) I make the dough. Shape the pastry into a ball, wrap in a plastic wrap and set in a fridge for 50min.
- Prepare a 10” (26cm) spring-form pan lined with parchment paper on the bottom and spread the rolled pastry on the bottom and the sides.
- Bake the crust for 20 min in a preheated oven at 400° F (200° C). While baking put something heavy on top of the pastry (like a pot) so that the pastry doesn`t rise and stay flat.
- In the pumpkin puree that we previously prepared add 2 beaten eggs, the sugar cream, and the spices and mix all the ingredients.
- Add the pumpkin filling into the baked pie pastry and bake in the heated oven for 60min on 350° F (180° C).
- Place pie on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Optional is to use whipped cream before serving. I used slightly toasted pumpkin seeds and sprinkle them over the pie and little chopped walnuts.