Bell peppers stuffed with beans
Another way of preparing bell peppers, other than meat they can be stuffed with any types of bean and can be healthier.
This recipe can be served as a vegetarian dish also.
- 12 bell pepper
- 500 grams or 1.1 lbs of beans
- 5 stalks of leeks
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- parsley for garnish
- Soak the beans in water and let it stand overnight. They will absorb the water and cook faster. The next day spill the water, put fresh water in the pot and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and cook the beans on a medium heat on a stove.
- Chop the leak into small pieces and mash the garlic, fry them in an oiled pan just until tender and season them with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. If you want to add a little hot taste chop a piece of hot pepper and stir in.
- Wash the peppers, cut off the tops off, remove and discard the stems. Scoop off the seeds as much of the membrane as you can. Place the peppers in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright.
- Drain the beans from the water in a large bowl. Mix the beans with the leeks and garlic.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture. Pour the water in which the beans were cooked. Bake in a preheat oven at 180°C or 350°F degrees for about half an hour.Serve the peppers sprinkled with chopped parsley.