Apple cake dessert recipe
This is a rich, decadent, delicious apple cake and it’s fabulous and perfect for a Thanksgiving get together.
Preparation time 50min; Servings for 6 persons
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 or 5 apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add margarine and rub in very lightly; add milk slowly to make soft dough and mix.
- Place on floured board and roll out 1/2-inch thick. Put into shallow greased pan.
- Wash, pare, core and cut apples into sections; press them into dough, sprinkle with sugar and dust with cinnamon.
- Bake in oven 325 F (160°C) for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and brown. Serve warm with milk or cream.