Banana cake or banana bread recipe
Banana cake or banana bread, perhaps not the best choice for a healthy, but it is an excellent choice for a warm, fragrant and sweet start to the day. At the same time it is also a great way to spend ripe bananas.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cook time: 60 min
Servings for 6 persons
- oil to grease the pan
- 260g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 120 g of sugar
- 120 ml oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Use deep baking dish (size 23 x 13 cm) greased with oil and coated with baking paper.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the cinnamon and mix the ingredients well.
- Peel the bananas, cut into pieces and put into a large bowl. With a fork, mash into a smooth paste, add oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla aroma and mix well.
- Add the mixture in the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula to form the dough. Use a spatula to evenly spread the dough in the baking tray and smooth the top.
- Cake bake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes. Use toothpick to check if it is baked, if it is clean with no dough, the bread is baked.
- Leave the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the baking dish, remove the paper, cut in slices and serve.