Watermelon juice recipes
We usually consider watermelon as a fruit, although it is actually a vegetable from a family of cucumbers. Watermelon or citrus (Citrullus lanatus) originates from Africa, and the first true cultivation of watermelon as a native species began in Egypt.
People usually do not know that besides water, watermelon is richsource of vitamins A, C, beta – carotene as well as minerals such as potassium and magnesium and that it is extremely effective in prevention of heart disease and chronic cavities. Watermelon are great source of vitamin B, responsible for metabolic processes and for production of body energy, and it also has a fairly high level of vitamin B6
Watermelon is a useful food, a natural remedy for detoxification and antioxidants (for the prevention of many diseases), acne, anemia, asthma, hemorrhoids, immune deficiency, stress, cellulite, stone and sand in the kidneys, and wrinkles on the skin.
There’s almost no one who does not like watermelon. Well-cured watermelon is a favorite of seasonal vegetables, which is very popular in the summer months due to its large amount of water and sweet red fruits.
Although watermelon is most often consumed fresh in its natural form, there are several other ways to prepare it and one of the most interesting is the :
The preparation process is quite simple.
This recipe is vegan friendly.
- All you need is fresh watermelon, knife and blender.
- Clean the red heart of the watermelon from the seeds (you can later clear the seeds with a cedar) and cut into small pieces.
- Then put the pieces into the blender, add the sugar (if desired) and mix well.
- If the beverage is too dense, you can add water and ice cubes.
- You can also add a whole range of other ingredients (by your choice) like lemons, limes, raspberries, oranges, blackberries and strawberries.