Vegan nutella pancakes
Vegan nutella pancakes are so delicious and with the creamy chocolaty nutella filling are simply irresistible. When you try your first bite you`ll never want to put your spoon down. I know I couldn`t, this succulent combination simply melts in the mouth. It is a simple recipe made with a few simple ingredients and it is vegan, but that doesn`t matter because it is so tasty and tempting that even the non-vegans will adore it.
Ingredients for the pancakes:
Serving for 2 persons:
- 5 tablespoons oat flakes
- 7 oz or 200gr. almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon unrefined cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 4 tablespoons wholegrain wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons ground poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Soak the chia seeds with 6 tablespoons of water and leave for 10 min.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and add the soaked chia seeds.
- Warm the almond milk and mix in with the dry ingredients.
- Leave the batter for 5-10 min before baking.
- Put a non stick pan on a stove and pour the mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 2-3 min on both sides. Make 3 thinner pancakes.
Ingredients for the homemade nutella cream:
- 9 oz or 250gr hazelnuts
- 9 oz or 250gr fresh dates
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 oz or 30gr soften coconut oil
- 5.5 fl pz or 160 ml coconut milk
- Bake the raw hazelnuts in the oven. Leave them to cool aside. Put them in a blender and grind them roughly, remove them and set them in a bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the dates and put them in a blender or a food processor and pulse for a while until a sticky ball forms.
- Put the cocoa, vanilla extract, coconut milk and pulse for a while and put the grounded hazelnuts and pulse for a while until smooth and creamy .This process may take some more time.
- Put the cream in a glass jar and keep in a refrigerator.
Note: The quantity of this cream is about 14 oz or 400 gr, so it can be made and stored and used for more days.
This kind of prepared cream can be used as a pancake filling as I did, as a spread on bread or toast in the morning, as addition to oat meals, have it on top of your favorite ice cream, on waffles, on. Use your imagination to combine this beautiful chocolate cream with a nutty hint in some of yours favorite sweet meals.