Tomatoes Salad Recipe
Tomatoes are packed full of beneficial nutrients and antioxidants and are a rich source of vitamins A and C and folic acid.
The benefits of consuming tomatoes, are impressive. As the proportion of plant foods in the diet increases, the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer goes down.
High fruit and vegetable intake is also associated with healthy skin and hair, increased energy and lower weight. Increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables significantly decreases the risk of obesity and overall mortality.
This is excellent and simple salad recipe for hot summer days.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 4 tomatoes cut into ring sliced
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh chives
- Washed tomatoes cut into ring slices and add over the onion.
- Add the salt and a little ground pepper, and don’t stir the salad just spread the oil over the salad.
- As a garnish over the salad sprinkle fresh chives.