Spicy roasted potatoes with vegetables
Spicy roasted potato with vegetables that are crunchy on the outside and soft and moist on the inside covered with spices and a scent of garlic. With combination of the vegetables this meal is healthy, beautiful and delicious. It can be served as a main dish but it can be prepared as a side dish to various other dishes.
This is much simpler and faster way to prepare the potatoes. Feel free to use fresh herbs if you are not a fan to dry herbs, add more paprika if you like it more hotness and at the end the result is always yummy and wonderful.
Servings for 4 persons
Ingredients for the potatoes:
- 3 pounds (600 kg) potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 oz (55 gr.) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Clean the potatoes and slice the potato into even wedges. Put the potatoes on a foil-lined large rimmed baking sheet.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Mix the olive oil with the spices Pour over the potatoes the mixture and mix them evenly with hands.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Cover the potatoes with a foil and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until potatoes are fork tender.
- Then remove the top foil and bake for another 10-15 min until slightly crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve them with vegetables while hot.
Ingredients for the vegetables:
- 5,2 oz (150gr) carrots
- 6,8 oz (200gr) green beans (frozen and thawed)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the carrots and cut thinly in circle shape.
- Put nonstick pans on a medium heat on the stove add a little olive oil and fry the vegetables for about 10-15 min. They should be crispy, not fully cooked and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the vegetables with the potatoes.