Buckwheat sour cherry vegan pudding
Buckwheat sour cherry vegan pudding is a fine meal that can be eaten for breakfast if you like the sweet-sour taste in the morning, or it is also delicious as a dessert.
Buckwheat is gluten free, high in protein, essential amino acids and a rich supply of flavonoids. It has lots of nutritional benefits and blended with a few delicious ingredients the taste is wonderful and sweet.
Bananas and dates add the perfect natural sweetness to this pudding and make the taste richer. And the addition of the sour cherry topping makes a perfect balance. It’s nice to have sour cherries frozen during summer to use during winter. The amazing thing is frozen sour cherries lose none of the nutritional value and are low in calories. Sour cherries are loaded with important nutrients, including phytochemicals, antioxidants and vitamin C.
Serving 4 persons
For the pudding:
- 1 cup of buckwheat
- 3.5 oz or (100 gr) fresh dates
- ½ cup orange juice squeezed
- 1 ripe banana
- 7 oz or (200 gr) sour cherry fresh or thawted
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Pour over the buckwheat 2 cups of water and boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water and rinse with cold water.
- Clean the dates from the seeds. Put them in a blender with the orange juice and blend until the dates become a puree.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Put in a bowl the boiled buckwheat, date puree and the banana and mix the ingredients.
- To prepare the topping put the sour cherries in a blender with the powdered sugar and blend until they are fully blended. If you use thawed sour cherries drain the extra juice before blending.
- In a glass bowls put first the mixture with buckwheat and on top put the sour cherry topping.
Pin Us On Pinterest