Pumpkin bread with olives
Pumpkin bread with olives is really delicious and it’s easy to make, just a bit of mixing and stirring, pop it in the oven, and, in about an hour, you’ll have a house smelling of sweet beautiful and healthy bread. This is a beautiful delight for a light dinner and it can be served with some salad by your own taste. I love the way how olives and the rosemary add the special taste to this bread.
- 7 oz (200gr) pumpkin puree
- 14 oz (400gr) wholegrain wheat flour
- 6 fl oz (18gr) warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1,7 fl oz (50gr) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon dry rosemary
- 10 black olive oils without seeds
- First prepare the pumpkin puree. Clean and cut the pumpkin in small squares. Put in a pot with boiling water and boil the pumpkin until fully tender. Drain the water and with a stick blender make the pumpkin puree.
- In a large bowl put the flour, pumpkin puree, salt, dried yeast and mix all the ingredients and gradually add the warm water to form the dough. If it is necessary add little flour to form the dough but not much it should be sticky.
- And leave the dough aside to rise and double his size.
- At a separate small bowl mix the olive oil and the dry rosemary and leave it aside.
- Put the dough in a round pan brushed with olive oil and press lightly with fingers.
- Pour over the mixture with olive oil and rosemary and press lightly the olives and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 400° F (200° C) for about 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown.
- When it is baked leave it to cool for an hour before cutting the slices.