Poached eggs such a simple meal for any time of the day.
Ingredients for 1 person:
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- salt and pepper for topping
- fresh parsley for topping
- Fill large saucepan with water, enough to cover the eggs, place it on a medium heat and bring to a light simmer. Add a pinch of salt in the water and a teaspoon of vinegar.(Use a non-stick pan is better)
- Crack one egg into a cup and gently pour the egg into the boiling water. The water temperature for ideal cooking should be 170-180F (75-80°C).Repeat the procedure with the other egg.
- Let the eggs flow out. Do not put too many eggs in the pot at one time. Cover the pot and poach for 3 minutes for super soft, 4 for soft, 5 or more for semi-soft yolks.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread. When the eggs are done, use a slotted spoon to lift the eggs out of the water, drain well before serving and place the poached eggs on top of the toast. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley.