Omelet with rice and vegetables
Omelets for breakfast are awesome they easy to make and full of protein.By adding rice and vegetables it becomes more nutritious and healthy.
Ingredients for 4 person:
- 150 grams or 5.3 oz of rice
- 8 eggs
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley leaves
- 150 grams or 5.3 shredded cheddar cheese
- To prepare the omelet select good quality rice.Boil the rice in 4 cups of water. When the rice is al dente remove it from the stove and drain the remaining water and put the rice in a large bowl.
- Mix in the rice with chopped onion and pepper and add the parsley and stir together again.
- Whisk the eggs with the butter and add to rice mixture. Stir, then add the cheese and mix well.
- Preheat the oil (2 tablespoons) in a big saucepan (use a non-sticking pan) on the stove. Pour the mixed ingredients in the pan and fry the eggs in the medium heat until the bottom is crusty.
- To flip the omelet use a plate which is bigger than the pan and gently slide the cooked-side onto the plate and carefully invert the plate back onto the pan so the omelet is now cooking on the other side. Be careful when attempting this method and make sure that you have a good, steady grip of both the pan and plate at all times.
- Serve the omelet hot with chopped tomatoes and toasted bread.