Lemon water recovers your body
Dehydration can cause fatigue and decline in immunity, which can lead to constipation, high blood pressure and insomnia. Also, water cleanses the body of toxins, stimulates the kidneys and produces enzymes essential for the normal functioning of the liver. It is commonly recommended to drink eight glasses of water per day, staying hydrated is really important since 60 percent of our body is made of water.
Many nutritionists advise to start the day with a glass of unsweetened lemonade on an empty stomach, to enter vitamins and start your metabolism. Although lemonade is excellent refreshing summer drink, lemons should be consumed in winter too, because it is rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C, which is excellent in the fight and prevention of colds.
The lemon is a rich treasure of vitamin C, A, B1, B6, potassium, pectin, folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, manganese … Here you can alleviate health problems more often if you are drinking one glass of lemonade every morning.
Here are some facts that speak in favor of it.
- Boasts the immune system. Lemon is full of vitamin C which helps fight viruses and boosts the immune system. It also contains potassium which controls blood pressure and acts anti-inflammatory. Perfect in fighting asthma and other respiratory diseases.
- Acts as an oxidizer. Hot water with lemon cleanses the body of toxins, and thus prevents the formation of cancer, abnormal cells in the body and their development. Citric acid stimulates the functioning of the enzyme, which in turn stimulates the liver and helps detoxify.
- Clears Lemon juice cleans toxins from the body, which helps to cleanse the toxins that are excreted through the skin. Citric water acts as an antioxidant combats the bacteria that cause acne, and also revitalize the skin. Restores skin cells and thus helps in wound healing and skin renewal or decrease the visibility of scars.
- Helps with digestion. Prevents cramps and balancing the acids in the stomach. Better digestion means less heartburn and better bowel movements. Lemonade will not only helps relive indigestion, but also helps the process of elimination of bowel toxins.
- Helps with weight loss. Lemon juice contains pectin, polysaccharides that reduce food cravings. Lemon juice does not lead to fat loss, as many believe, it actually boasts your metabolism to work faster, stimulates better hydration which is very important for the body and reducing the excess weight.
Apply this practice daily, the recipe is simple a cup of warm water (or room temperature, not hot), a juice of a half of lemon (or more).
The amount of lemons or lemonade acidity should be adjusted to your needs.
If you can`t start drinking the lemonade unsweetened put a little teaspoon of honey at the start until you adjust.
Lemon water should not be drunk often during the day primarily because of citric acid which erodes tooth enamel.
For this reason it is best to drink lemonade through a straw or to rinse the mouth with water after drinking it.
Related: Lemongrass health benefits