Firecracker Salmon With Vegetables
Dish that combines a lot of flavors, just enough spicy to give it a little kick. Served with steamed vegetable is amazing, nutritious and healthy dinner meal.
Preparation time 70min;Cook time 15 min; Servings for 2 persons
For the Salmon;
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 salmon fillets (170-200grams) or (6-7 Oz)
For the Vegetables;
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch or 12 mm pieces
- 1/4 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch 25mm florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the first eight ingredients in a bowl. Put the salmon in a plastic container and pour over 1/2 of the marinade, cover the container and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade for later use.
- Lightly coat your grill pan with some oil.
- When the pan heats up place salmon skin side down, and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn the salmon and cook further until salmon starts to flake.
- Steam the vegetables until slightly tender but still with a little crunch up to 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!