Delicious Sour Cherry Cake
This sour cherry cake recipe pairs perfectly with coffee. It is very easy and very delicious. Whenever fresh sour cherries are not in season, frozen and thawed cherries can be used.
Ingredients for 12 servings
- 300 grams or 10.5 oz pitted fresh sour cherries or frozen and thawed sour cherries
- 2 cup all-purpose white flour, plus more for pan
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil, plus more for pan
- 1 tbsp. brandy
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven at 180°C or 350°F.Grease the 15″x10″ (38cm x 25cm) pan with a thin layer of oil and powder a little flower over.
- In bowl of a mixer fitted with a whisk, beat together the eggs and sugar until light yellow and fluffy.
- Add oil, brandy, vanilla and milk and stir gently.
- At the ends mix in the flower and the baking powder and stir all the ingredients well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle cherries over the top. Bake until cake is golden brown, 45-50 minutes.
- Let cake cool for 30 minutes, and then cut into 12 squares and put a powder sugar on top.