Crumble dairy-free cornbread
This is my old grandmother recipe. It is very easy to make and it is adjusted for persons that are allergic to dairy products like cheese and milk.
Ingredients for 12 servings
- 3 cups corn flour
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven at 180°C or 350°F. Grease the 15″x10″ (38cm x 25cm) pan with a thin layer of butter.
- In bowl whisk the eggs, water and the oil.
- In another bowl mix the dry ingredients, corn and white flour, salt and the baking powder, add the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until cake is golden brown, 40-45minutes.
- Let cake cool for 30 minutes, and then cut into 12 squares and serve.