- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 head medium cauliflower
- 2 medium potatoes
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat and add chopped onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook briefly, until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 more minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a blender, blend about half the soup until desired consistency. Stir in the cheese, and crème fraîche.
- Season with salt and pepper and decorate with fried bacon chopped on small cubes and serve it warm.