This is a simple recipe – stewed fresh cabbage with meat of your choice.
- 1 small fresh cabbage
- 500 grams or (1.1 lbs.) of beef or pork meat
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 fresh tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice
- a little garlic
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- fresh parsley
- In a bigger pot put 3 table spoons of oil, heat the oil on the stove on a medium temperature and fry the chopped onion and carrots for a minute, careful not to burn the onion.
- Add the meat of your choice chopped in small cubes and stir briefly all the ingredients. Then add the tomatoes or tomato juice and the cabbage cut into bigger pieces.
- Add water to cover the ingredients in the pot and then add the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and stir all together, cover the pot and stew it for an hour over medium heat. The important thing is that the food does not overcook and the cabbage retains crispness.
- At the end add the chopped garlic and serve with sprinkled with chopped parsley.