Bluberry-Coconut Muffins – Breakfast Recipe
Muffins are ready in half an hour, so you can have them for breakfast. Best during the weekend when you are in no hurry …
- ( 240 grams or 7 oz) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- (110 grams or 3.9 oz) of sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- (60 grams or 2.1 oz) of coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- ( 60 ml or 2 us fl oz) of melted butter
- ( 240 ml or 8.1 us fl oz) of milk
- ( 240 grams or 7 oz) fresh blueberries or frozen and thawed blueberries
Preparation time 10min; Cook time 30 min; Servings for 12 persons (12 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Put cupcake paper in 12-cup muffin pan (or well greased with melted butter or non stick spray).
- In a bowl sift flour and baking powder. Add sugar, salt and coconut flour and mix well.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs, then pour the milk and melted butter and mix the ingredients well. The mixture is poured into a bowl with the dry ingredients. With spoon or spatula, stir just enough to moisten the ingredients and stick together.
- Stir the in the mixture 3/4 of blueberries and fill the muffin cups. Arrange evenly the remaining blueberries and with fingers gently push in the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 17 to 20 minutes or until the top is a golden brown color. Let them rest for about 5 minutes and then remove them from the pan. Serve with a cup of hot or cold beverage.