Baked apples with almonds and amaretto
Apples are absolute queen of fruits. For all fans of apples, we suggest this recipe of baked apples with prunes, almonds, and Amaretto. Serve them as brilliant and delicate dessert when you expect guests or prepare them for a sweet afternoon meal. They are tastiest if they are served still warm!
Ingredients (serving 4):
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 – 10 prunes
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- little salt
- 4 apples
- 1/4 cup cream-optional
- Preheat oven to 300º F (150 º C)
- Mix 1/2 cup almonds, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon butter; stack on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes – until the almonds get a nice golden color; and leave to cool for serving.
- Mix prunes, 3 tbsp amaretto, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 4 tablespoons of butter, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup almonds and all in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Cut the apples at the top of about ½ inch (1 ½ cm) from the top, and make a hole in the middle of an apple (remove all the seeds).
- With the prepared mixture of plum fill the holes in apples, cover them with the top part and sprinkle with brown sugar, and splash over with the mixture of 3 tablespoons of Amaretto and 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Wrap the apples with baking paper and fasten the upper part with a string, and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes – until a toothpick stuck into an apple falls smoothly (apples should be soft).
- Leave the baked apples to cool a little (but not quite) and serve with cream if you like.